Caterham Rotary Prostate Awareness Evening
Monday 26 September 2016
North Downs Hospital are proud to be supporting the Rotary Club of Caterhams Prostate Awareness drop in Evening on the 5th October from 6pm-9pm at Surrey National Golf Club. Prostate Cancer is the most common cancer in men and affects 1 in 8 men at some stage in their lifetime. Some other UK facts include;
- Over 47,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year – that's 130 men every day.
- Every hour one man dies from prostate cancer – that's more than 10,800 men every year.
- Over 330,000 men are living with and after prostate cancer.
- If caught early enough Prostate Cancer can be treated with excellent future prognosis for the patient.
The awareness evening will consist of;
- The opportunity to watch a video presentation by a leading Urologist.
- On site nurses who will be taking PSA blood samples.
- A short talk by Barry Cogdell from Prostate Cancer UK (Whose prostate cancer was discovered at the first Awareness evening).
- Opportunity for private discussions with Mr Raju, Consultant Urologist at North Downs Hospital.
- Licensed pay bar.
Blood test slots should be booked ahead by calling Tracey on 01883 331336. The costs of providing the blood testing service including analysis are in the region of £10-£15 and therefore donations on the night would be welcome.
For more details on this event please contact Roger Easter on 07861 929857